You 2.0 is an exciting and unique documentary on life hacking, a movement on finding tricks in everyday life to save time, get organized, and do more of the things you want to do. A DVD, podcast, eBook, and software, You 2.0 has been written about in The Guardian newspaper, posted on high traffic blogs such as Lifehacker and I Will Teach You To Be Rich, and generated hundreds of thousands of views and traffic utilizing social media and viral marketing.
- Produced You 2.0 in an exciting and unique format – a short film with additional interviews, playable in a variety of ways
- Authored and produced DVD with menus
- Sold and distributed DVDs and direct downloads of film
- Produced podcast, software, and eBook to market film (nearly 200,000 views)
- Highly effective low cost marketing (Written about in The Guardian newspaper, Lifehacker, I Will Teach You to Be Rich, and many other blogs)
Fully produced by Coffee and Celluloid Productions, You 2.0 features interviews from New York Times best selling authors and explores our culture’s new onslaught of information overload and the way we deal with it.
A unique design, You 2.0 itself is a short film packaged and sold online and as a DVD with over three hours of extended interviews, viewable by subject matter or person.
Accompanying the project is a series of podcasts that have generated nearly 200,000 views. By creating relevant content and targeting high traffic niche blogs, You 2.0 has sold extremely well and continues to generate traffic despite a very low marketing budget.
Recently the acquired media for the project was further repurposed into a free eBook (You 2.0 – The Interviews), further expanding the reach of the film.
Additionally, CC Productions created the free application Typewriter. Typewriter is a free text editor that ties into core ideas of the film. It went viral, being posted on Lifehacker and written about in The Guardian, further promoting the film.
Twitter on You 2.0
Here’s a sample of one of the podcasts produced as part of You 2.0. We went to the Twitter headquarters and interviewed co-founder Biz Stone.